Sunday, August 28, 2016

Hillary Clinton defends Clinton Foundation

In an interview with MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Clinton said she was sure that there were no foundation ties that could harm her chance of becoming president.
“I am sure because I have a very strong foundation of understanding about the foundation,” Clinton said. “The kind of work that the foundation has done, which attracted donors from around the world, is work that went right into providing services to people.”
Clinton also reiterated that neither she nor former president Bill Clinton nor their daughter, Chelsea, ever accepted money from the foundation.
“My work as secretary of State was not influenced by any outside forces. I made policy decisions based on what I thought was right to keep Americans safe and protect our interests abroad,” Clinton said. “I believe my aides also acted appropriately. And we have gone above and beyond most of the charities that I understand, beyond the legal requirements, beyond standards, to voluntarily disclose donors, and also to reduce sources of funding that raised any questions, not that we thought they were necessarily legitimate, but to avoid those questions.”
Clinton’s comments come at the end of a hard week for the Democratic nominee as more emails from her private server were released and reports raised questions about overlap between her family’s charity and her role in the State Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment